Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects dropping frames from imported gif

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks!

I have an issue in After Effects where I am importing a gif file I made in Photoshop that has 5 frames and I am trying to export a 12 sec loop as an MP4 video. I have done this before successfuly with the same gif file, but now for some reason it's dropping the last frame from the gif. 

Any ideas how I can fix? Ideally I would just export from photoshop but it seems there's a limit on the dimensions you can export at.

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you might be using Time Remapping plus a loopOut() expression to generate the 12-second movie.

Time Remapping places the last keyframe after the last frame has ended, not at the start of the last frame. Try disabling the loopOut() expression, press 'u' to reveal the Time Remapping keyframes, then use the J or K key to jump to the last Time Remapping keyframe. The comp panel should be empty. Time Remapping has always worked that way.

If the frame is black, move back one frame (Ctrl/Cmnd + left arrow) and set a new keyframe, then press the K key to move to the last keyframe, then click on the center diamond in the timeline's keyframe navigator buttons to delete the original last keyframe. Enabling the expression should now generate a seamless loop.

If that does not work, please embed a screenshot showing the modified properties of the problem layer. Press the U key twice, take the screenshot, copy and paste the file name, or drag it to the reply field, so the screenshot is part of your post.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines