• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for AnimationComposer.plugin (48::72)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few days I have this message

"After Effects error: couldn't find main entry point for AnimationComposer.plugin (48::72)" when starting After Effects.  I tried to empty the cache-folders, uninstall and reinstall AE and restart my computer. (macosx 10.14.6). But the message keeps appearing.  AE seems to work but I am a newbie, just starting to learn AE. So don't know if this is important or not. Can somebody help? Thanks in advance!

Marco

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Solved! I DID install the animation composer (but thought it was called Mister Horse). So uninstall in Mister horse product manager did the trick! Thanks for the help anyway. 🙂

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Do you have the Animation Composer installed on your computer? If so, what happens if you remove it and try to launch After Effects?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have AE 17.1.0.72 installed on my pc, when i want to install the animation composer V3 plugin it says "Animation Composer 3.4.6 requires Adobe After Effects version 17.0.0. or later", is there any solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ibrahim28528421udjd,

After Effects version 17.0 has been discontinued. You can reach out to the plug-in manufacturer and see if they have an updated version available that is compatible with the latest version of After Effects.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu, 

Thank you for your reaction. I have After Effects 2020 ( 17.5.1) installed. I didn't install Animation Composer because I don't know that. (I suppose that is not Character animation or Adobe Animate?). If I must install the animation composer, where can I find it? 

Thanks,

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I DID install the animation composer (but thought it was called Mister Horse). So uninstall in Mister horse product manager did the trick! Thanks for the help anyway. 🙂

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines