• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects file corrupted / after effects warning unable to import file as project (bad format or

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im currently having trouble with what i believe is a corrupted file, it says bad format or is unreadable. I bought after effects again yesterday after months of not using the program and my pc crashed while using the program, unexpectedly and when tried to open the file back up it said that message.

i was working on an edit for my friend, when all of a sudden my pc crashed and when i opened after effects it said something like replacing .txt files renaming them new / old?? 

then when i tried to open my project that message came up, i do not have access to the auto save due to me saving too frequently already, ive tried making a new project and importing it, ive tried renaming the file, copying the file, nothing works. ive had this problem for months and it is getting pretty upsetting having to delete the project, start over or just give up and cancel my subscription. if anyone can help at all even if they can fix the project themselves that would be great.

im using after effects 2020

and the software should be up to date.
(project file and screenshot below.)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?