Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects file could not be found

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I have been trying to figure out why I'm unable to import certain videos into After Effects. When I import a video a pop-up shows up stating, "a file could not be found." The file I am importing from is in a folder on my desktop. However, If I bring a video or photo from a photobooth it has no problem. 

I've been looking online for a solution, but haven't had any luck. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this makes any sense if you don't tell us about exact file types and their specs as well as providing basic system information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some video formats are incompatible with After Effects - although they would state as much and not say file could not be found. 

It sounds like you're importing a project into After Effects and one of the videos is missing?  If that's the case, right-click on the video and choose Replace Footage - from there you can navigate to the original folder and select the video (if it's there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines