• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects file saving error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when trying to save my after effects project.  I type command + F, choose my location on my HD, and save it as an .aep (the default setting) and this is the error i get - "After Effects Error: File couldn't be opened for writing: "(name of project).aep". (3 ;; 0)

Saveerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Did you try to save in different location? to save on desktop directly or different HD if you have 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to save in different location? to save on desktop directly or different HD if you have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my Guardian Angel, buddy! ❤️

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. My files saved suceesfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

valeu cota deu certo, gramei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @OussK. As I mention below, this is very helpful when we need to save our work while we need to find the problem later. However, I do advise that everyone read gangrell04's post below, which addresses the problem of why it likely isn't saving.  The real problem is that  Adobe has the pop up box saying "Error with file," which tells us absolutely nothing about what is happening and why.  If the drive is out of space, then that's the warning we should get instead of this one, which could send you on a wild goose chase looking for a damaged file among hundreds or even thousands in the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also possible that the folder you're trying to save it in needs Admin. permission. 

Save the preset in an other location like Desktop, then manually in the Finder or in Documents Window drag the .ffx file to the Presets Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by this? I keep getting "error with file" after effects and premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I justa had that same exact issue, and i spent this whole afternoon with a big frustration. But i finally figured it out. I do not have a lot of free space in my HD, so i think that's the reason why.

Just go to preferences and delete de Cache from AE, and i think that is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep thats true. i freed up my memory and the file got saved  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, thank you so much - this solved my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is the solution. I don't know why it isn't highlighted. While the highlighted response is helpful in a pinch and allows you to find the problem, you are putting your work onto a specific drive for a reason, and need to know what's wrong and fix it. Thanks @gangrell04 for te solution.  

Question for Adobe:  If our drives are low on space, why don't we get THAT warning instead of the vague "Error with file," which could mean a thousand different things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also be that the current HD is full, no space left, so it can't save to its original location, just delete a few things and make space 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines