• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I need your help urgently! Have 3 days exactly what my After Effects stopped working, everytime I click on it to open, it does not open and then pops up that "stopped working".I'm Brazilian so the print is in Portuguese, I ask your help because I've tried everything!

after.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

If that's the case, my next suggestion is more major.  Back up, erase your hard drive and do a clean installation of Windows. Then reinstall Adobe CC before any other software.  If the problem persists, it is almost certainly hardware or hardware-driver related.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us a bit more about your computer? What hardware you have, what version of Windows 10 you're using, etc.?

Also, have you tried uninstalling After Effects and reinstalling it?

Do other CC apps work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, the other programs work perfectly, only the After Effects won't start.

My computer is Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bits, Intel Core i5 7th generation

8GB Ram

Already tried to unistall and install again but it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NithaAlves

My computer is Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bits, Intel Core i5 7th generation

8GB Ram

What about GPU you got? Tell us something about that, brand, model, VRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Ae.

When clic to open Ae, immediately press Shft + Alt + Ctrl and keep pressing these three keys until If you see a dialog box where you are asked if you want to delete the preferences, press OK. Then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but unfortunately it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating Windows.  After Effects System Requirements

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 16.43.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the system and the program still does not respond. Could the lack of any dll of a program folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have 8 GB of memory.  After Effects needs a MINIMUM of 8 GB of memory.  You can not have any other applications running.

The answer: GET MORE MEMORY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was never the problem, I already use After Effects has a good time with this Pc, the problem only started three days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem just started, then you need to try to assess what changed.
If you have an existing System Restore point, you could try rolling back to see if perhaps a Windows or driver update has messed with AE somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my computer does not have a restore point. I don't know what to do anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just remember if you install any new application in the past few days so may your new app take also more memory witch can make some conflict with after effects to start normally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled some programs and opted to use the 2018 version of After Effects and it still does not open, it still does not respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating another user as Administrator in Windows, open Ae there and if you run there, it means that your Windows has many junk files as well as in the registry saturated with years of installing and uninstalling applications. If it is useful for you in the new User, you have a backup of everything you have in the old user and migrates to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it right now and unfortunately it did not work. I don't know what's happening, because of these problems I end up losing Jobs.

Please, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall After Effects and then reinstall it, just to be sure.

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case, my next suggestion is more major.  Back up, erase your hard drive and do a clean installation of Windows. Then reinstall Adobe CC before any other software.  If the problem persists, it is almost certainly hardware or hardware-driver related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, It worked! I'm grateful for all the suporte  they gave me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What do you do to be functionals?

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines