Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Images not showing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am new to After Effects and I am using the 2018 version. I have watched the lynda.com introduction videos to after effects and read articles as well. when I open up the after effects and I import an image, it just refuses to populate on my screen. Below is a screen shot of the image I just getting. Is something wrong with my setting? am i missing something? please help me out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi double on composition layer which is above the image then it will open all is good to go....Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. can you clarify what you mean by "double on composition layer" do you mean double click? if yes I have done that and nothing pops up. If possible can you send me a screen shot of what I should double click on so I can confirm I am doing the right thing.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would you try to change the workspace? Something might be hidden.

Window menu > Workspace > (you choose anything else.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but that did not work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it did work for me. go to Workspaces / All Panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble with after effects too. When I click on after effects the aplication pops up. It dosen't show me any beginner videos , no tutorials or nothing. It only shows me level 11 not level 1. I also just downloaded this too . Can you please help?Im working on a macbook , and I don't know why it's saying that this video is unavalible . URGENT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jade22557098c0fj,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

This thread is old. I'd suggest you create a new post with the following details:

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The image format seems *.jpg. Would you try this way?

1. You open the image file by Photoshop.

2. You save it as another different name. It is even fine to choose *.psd format.

3. You import it into After Effects and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really from your Screenshot it look like you have a workspace issue

Go to Window menu > Workspace >Standard

then reset your stander. Go to Window menu > Workspace >Reset"standard"to saved layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue, photos jpeg, RGB space, they import correctly but invisible on screen. Changing format in photoshop to png or resaving as jpeg doesn't help. No clue what's on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I sorted it out - changing a name to something without "-" did help. Just wrong file name made this, but After Effect did not show the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines