• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is maing my new/powerful computer crash.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer that's supposed to have enough power to work well on it and everytime I try using AE it crashes and gives me a blue screen. Doesn't happen wit any other program or game, just After Effects, and not even advanced AE as I literally just started the project. Computer has these aspects: 

- Intel Intel i9 13th gen 13900k 24 cores

- MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3x

- MSI Pro z790-A Wifi Motherboard

- 64 GB Ram DDR5

- 2 SSD

+ enough power and cooling

- Windows 11

I don't know if this issue can be solved with help here or if I have to ask MSI's support, Intel's or Windows.

I just want to be able to work properly using every tool I need and that includes After Effects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

I have this, even with my own powerful computer.  In Preferences > Import, try disabling Hardware accelerated decoding.

I think the issue is that Windows File Explorer causes a conflict with AE's use of the same "bit" of your GPU.  Turning this off solved all my crashes.  It does get reset after an update though, so keep an eye on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beauty SFX23535453fppb,

Sorry for your issue.

As suggested by the expert, try updating your GPU drivers to the latest version and see if that brings any change.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this, even with my own powerful computer.  In Preferences > Import, try disabling Hardware accelerated decoding.

I think the issue is that Windows File Explorer causes a conflict with AE's use of the same "bit" of your GPU.  Turning this off solved all my crashes.  It does get reset after an update though, so keep an eye on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesnt help in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines