• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps crashing when I use the text tool and start typing

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to type directly in After Effects the software crashes and throws me an error. I'm currently running on Monterey 12.4. This issue seemed to start once I updated my Mac's operating system. I've tried different solutions like uninstalling and reinstalling AfterEffects, uninstalling fonts that I thought might be causing the issue, clearing my cache, and reverting AfterEffects to a previous version. I'm not sure what else to try to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Before adding text to the composition, go to the three little white horizontal lines in the top right corner of the Character panel, click on the icon, then go to the bottom and select Reset Character Panel. If you have a corrupted font, it will no longer be selected, and you should be able to add some text. If you remember what font was causing the problem, you should delete it from your system. 

If that does not solve your problem, it could be a driver or an AE version problem. You can updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen22349546j4bt,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before adding text to the composition, go to the three little white horizontal lines in the top right corner of the Character panel, click on the icon, then go to the bottom and select Reset Character Panel. If you have a corrupted font, it will no longer be selected, and you should be able to add some text. If you remember what font was causing the problem, you should delete it from your system. 

If that does not solve your problem, it could be a driver or an AE version problem. You can update the drivers or roll back a version or two using the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines