• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects keeps crashing

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My after effects wasn't working well a few days ago so I had to reinstall it. after I reinstalled my after effects, everything seems to be working fine now. But one of the problems I encountered just after I tried to use ae, is whenever I click on effects and presets, my after effects just crashes. And usually whenever my ae crashes I just exit ae but it won't let me close it, So in order for me to close it, I have to restart my computer. Ive been restarting my computer for so many times but my ae just keeps doing the same thing. does anyone know what might be the problem or how to fix this?

698e38ad-2820-427f-8a78-e57d2995b852.jpg

 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stanloonastantalent,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

To help us address this issue effectively, could you please provide the following information?

1. Your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)
  2. Does this occur with all projects, or only specific ones? Have you tried creating a new project to see if the issue persists?
  3. Do you have any third-party plug-ins installed?

From the screenshot it looks like you're on Windows, have you tried updating your GPU driver?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Note: Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a solution, but instead of restarting the computer, if Windows, just kill AE in Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines