• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects layers and keyframes lagging since upgrading to 2023

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframes and layers lagging when clicking and dragging making it difficult to accurately place. At first I thought it was the software so reinstalled and deleted all prefs but still the issue is here, I changed my mouse and still didn't fix the problem. I have a new and pretty fast machine that's worked flawlessly with AE 2022. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Using AE 2023.1, Windows 10

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chucklephuckles

There is a similar thread about lagging keyframes that has a solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/ae-2023-ui-lag/m-p/13473310/thread-id/22068...

Please check if the solution works for you. If it doesn't, please provide details about your GPU and your video driver version.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, its worked so far, I had to downgrade to 497.29.

There's a nvidia driver issue with c4d and redshift and that's the only driver that will work at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still messing up, I thought it was fixed but an hour into working it started doing the same thing. It's not even really lagging it's just  inaccurate on the placement of keyframes and layers on the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, @Chucklephuckles!

The After Effects team has worked on a fix for this issue which is now available in the latest After Effects Beta v23.3 (x36). Some users have reported that it's working as expected on their end in the Beta build. If you could download the Beta on your machine from the CC desktop app and confirm that it's working for you too, that would be great.

AE beta.png

Please note that After Effects Beta will be a separate installation and will not overwrite your existing stable After Effects version.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines