Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Performance

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance of After Effects? It is extremely slow, so slow that at times is it almost unusable. It is particularly bad with plug ins such as the Red Giant suite such as Trapcode and Form. My machine is pretty good (see specs below) and all my other apps are blazing fast so it aint my machine. Is there anything I can do to improve it?

Thanks in advance,

David

Specs:

Mac Pro 2019

2.5 Ghz 28 Core Intel Xeon W

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

768 GB RAM

Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try to add a M.2 Gen4 as cache disk purpose only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say, it's probably the software. You can always try others like davinci resolve- it'll help you see if it's your hardware or software being slow, because it's pretty average in playback speed, and slows down reliably with heavier scenes, unlike after effects, where some effects will tank it and others are free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and there seems to be no magic formula to get great performance in After Effects. My Surface Pro 9 has much lower specs than david's and I never had any major problems (touch the wood 😉  )

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it's definitely the software, all my apps by other software brands I use are blazing fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines