• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preview not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've just installed After Effects on a new work computer, and I'm having issues getting the Preview window to play or show anything (see images below - the second one is where I have taken it off full screen then made it full screen again). The preview doen't show when not playing, and doesn't play at all.

If I have music and play, I can hear the music play but the timeline won't keep moving along.

I've tried all the usual stuff (purge cache, uninstall/reinstall, change system setting to be adjust for best appearance, etc.) but nothing has worked.

The audio only has one driver (MME) and doesn't give me the ASIO or any other option.

I can export and render without any issues, and when the cursor is over the preview area, the preview tab tells me the info about what is there (where the cursor is).

Also, After Effects always freezes on exit, and I have to force quit it (I presume this is related some how?).

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-09-08 132308.pngScreenshot 2021-09-08 132336.png

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Thanks Mylenium. Reinstalling the drivers did the trick and it's working now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same old boring answer: You need to spend some time straightening out your system's drivers and their configuration as well as the relevant hardware acceleration settings in AE. Even if the system is new, it may alreeady have outdated OEM drivers or at least versions that may not be compatible with the latest version of AE. I know it's annoying, but there simply is no magic "Make this work!" button and since you haven't offered any actual system information we can't be more specific than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. Reinstalling the drivers did the trick and it's working now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what driver reinstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the graphic card drivers for the laptop I'm using - someone else found out what I needed and installed them for me, but they were from www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

But you'll have to find the drivers that fit your own hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultgbu6cntktvyi,

Welcome to the community. Please share the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly:

Also, have you tried resetting the preferences already? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nishu. Because it's a work computer I asked our IT team to take a look and they reinstalled the drivers and now it works fine. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for udpating the thread.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Tried everything I found on this and several other threads. Is there any fix to this, rather huge, issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am on Win10 and happened upon a cheap workaround: while resizing the AE window (slowly to the left, then right) the image appears.  I had tried everything mentioned on Adobe forums except for updating drivers, so I suppose that is my next step. But with the workaround, was able to edit and view a cherished composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines