• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects project settings audio sample rate 96K

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Anyone know how to change the project settings audio sample rate to 96K?
My After Effects ver is 18.2.1 and I'm using MAC Pro (2019) with macOS Big Sur 11.4.

I don't know why my audio highest sample rate is only 48K and I really want to change to 96K for my Hi-Res audio of video.

Thanks for anyone kindly help.

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 13.21.06.png

TOPICS
Audio , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Import and export , Performance , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

48 kHz 16Bit PCM audio is the standard for video production. After Effects is an app designed to create videos so the settings make sense because you don't edit audio in After Effects except for a little minor EQ. If you want to create and edit high-resolution audio use Adobe Audition or another audio app. I am pretty sure that dropping a 96/32 bit stereo track in AE will pass on the info if you set up the Render Queue/Output Module to do so, but then again, I can not think of the last time I  delivered a movie with effects shots in it that were not edited in Premiere Pro after the AE work and mixed in Audition. More than 90% of my AE comps are one-shot under seven seconds. I never do final editing in AE.

You should be doing your final editing in Premiere Pro. AE is not an NLE. 

If they improve the audio tools and effects available in AE it would be a decent feature request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rick Gerard,

Thanks for your kindly reply and suggestions!

Bascially I have done my songs recording at 192K by other devices.

But now i will combina the song and video with animations. So that I need to use AE to finish that.

Since I have found the tutorial for youtube that can change the sample rate to 96K but in my version only has 48K.

That's really unusual and I want to fix this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJYitHRfvXg

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 14.14.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial was done on a Windows Machine. I've never seen anything but 48hHz on a Mac. If you are not manipulating audio in After Effects it should not matter. If it does, then render your animations in After Effects, and edit them in Premiere Pro. That's a better workflow anyway. I've done a lot of music videos over the years for everyone from major recording artists to high school students that were friends of mine and not one of them was edited in After Effects because AE is for creating visual effects and animations. 

You can choose 98 for sequence settings in Premiere Pro, but that only helps audio editing in Premiere. If you are exporting H.264 for distribution then you're stuck with 48 kHz audio because that is the standard for everyone that streams video. You cannot export video for distribution with anything higher than 48 kHz audio unless something happened in the last few weeks that I don't know about. 

Once again, create your animation in After Effects, edit in Premiere Pro, mix your sound in Audition or your favorite audio editing software, combine the final product into a video you will distribute using the Media Encoder and settings that match your project's frame size and frame rate (frame rates above 30 are not usually a good idea for distribution), and let YouTube and Vimeo do the best job they can re-compressing your video for streaming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's clean and detail description and really helpful. Thanks a lot Rick! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines