Hi, I've got a project that was working fine about a month ago, but then I upgraded AE (and all my plugins) and now I'm not able to work on the project anymore. Even when I turn off GPU Acceleration and use Mercury Software Only, my comps will not load. After a while my comps turn black and I'm not able to view anything at all, even non-composition sources.
I'm not sure how to further debug this issue. It seems my GPU usage never hits 100% though.
Copy link to clipboard
Thanks so much for the answer, Byron. That is some great advice. It turned out my GPU was in fact out of memory. My poor little GTX 1080 only had 8GB of VRAM and with all the effects I was using, it needed about 12GB total. Upgrading my GPU with solved the issue and I was finally able to open this project again after 8 months. Using less effects would have also solved the issue. Boa and Layer Sculptor by BAO are both VRAM hogs!
You're welcome James!
i guess i fixed it. I just disconnected my 2 external displays. now it seems to work...