• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects "Part of the CS6 installer is missing" How to fix?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I bought a registration to after effects way back in 2014, When i try to open the .exe file a message pops up saying: 

"The file archive part of adobe after effects CS6 installer is missing. You need all the parts in the same folder in order to extract adobe after effects CS6 installer. Please download all the parts"

There isn't any download link except for the .exe file and a 32 bit file. 

Where can i find this missing part of the installer?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

You have two files: The exe and the 7z file that contains the actual setup. If you don't have both, you are indeed missing the most critical part and the warning is right. You need to re-download the full package then.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Put it in the same folder with the exe and run the executable or unpack the 7z file with a suitbale tool as lready advised and run the setup.exe inside.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with missing parts. These are simply compatibility issues with new versions of Windows. You need to run the installer as admin and/ or in  Windows 7 compatibility mode. A right click is your friend.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have tried running the installer on windows 7/ running it as an admin and it still displays the same error message.

How can i solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your access privileges on the temp folders. the initail steps of the install are really just unpacking the large file. Alternatively try to unpack the big file manulally with a 7z compatible tool like WinZip or WinRar and run the setup.exe contained within.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, The file i downloaded is not a folder it is a .exe file, I can't unpack it like you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two files: The exe and the 7z file that contains the actual setup. If you don't have both, you are indeed missing the most critical part and the warning is right. You need to re-download the full package then.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the 7z file, Now what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put it in the same folder with the exe and run the executable or unpack the 7z file with a suitbale tool as lready advised and run the setup.exe inside.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines