• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects relinking missing Illustrator individual layers

New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened an After Effects project to do some more work to it, but my Illustrator layers are missing. From my research and previous questions asked here, I supposedly have to click on a missing layer in the project panel > Replace Footage > File > and import the missing file.

But when I do that to a missing layer, it replaces the layer with the whole Illustrator file.

How do I just replace all the missing illustrator layers?  

I originally imported them through importing the whole Ai file and selecting "Composition - Retain Layer Sizes".  Also, I have no idea why the files are missing because I did not make any changes to the name or location of the file / source folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has the Illustrator file been changed in any way?  It sounds like the Illustrator layers may have been grouped into a single layer, or the colour mode of the Illustrator file has been changed from RGB to another colour space.

Quick way to check - re-import your Illustrator file to AE as a composition and see if the layers are all seperate.  If they are, it's not the issues above.  If it will only import the file as a flat Illustrator image, its most likely one of the issues above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines