• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects render 24 bit audio vs 32 bit float

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rendering to a finishing quality codec like Pro Res 4444, will it cause any issues, when I turnover to sound, if the audio bit rate is 32 bit float vs 24 bit? In our Premiere project, everything else is 24 bit.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is the worst audio processing app on the planet, so whatever you do try avoiding any sample rate or bit depth conversions like the plague regardless whether that's on import, on the timeline or on export. If there is really different audio types involved, convert and conform them to the same specs so AE only needs to pass them through on render.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good to know. The original audio is 16 bit (ugh). I was looking for an "audio passthru" option in the setting I'm using (ProRes 4444) but it only offers 8, 16, and 32 bit options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pixel bit depth settings have nothing to do with the audio. If at all, those options are related to the specific CoDec options and AE will simply handle it quietly behind the scenes. Again, simply make sure all settings on that front are consistent in the first place so AE doesn't make a mess.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By 8, 16, and 32 bit, I mean audio bit rate, not pixel bit depth.

By "simply make sure all settings on that front are consistent in the first place", what do you mean?

If I have a comp for which the source audio is 48 kHz 24 bit, when I add it to the Render Queue and want to render to ProRes 4444, would the best setting be 48 kHz 32 bit?

export_audio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines