• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects rendering black and Adobe Media Encoder previewing black screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to render a short animation where I created shapes from a vector image and animated them. When I export the file through either the Render Queue or Adobe Media Encoder it is displaying a blank black image.  Through other forum posts I read a workaround of adding a solid below as it is not rendering the background except I am looking to have the background be an Alpha layer so it's transparent. When adding to the render queue I select "Animation" and "RGB+Alpha" using default export settings aside from that. None of the layers are guide layers either and video is enabled in export. I noticed this only occur after an update and the file converted where I've been having other issues as well. I'm running OSx BigSur on a mid 2014 body Macbook Pro, would the update and my OSx have any effect on what's occuring here? I had to uncheck Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding for another issue I was having with playback.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render to a "robust" format like ProRes or an image sequence directly from AE. QuickTime is simply busted beyond recognition because Apple don't care anymore. Updating your OS wouldn't fix it. You can always convert and encode your stuff later in a second step.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I render to a format like ProRes then that wouldn't allow me to have an Alpha Channel though, right? Is there an alternate option that allows me to export as RGB + Alpha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines