• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects rendering EXTREMELY slow and is impossible to work with.

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, before i explain let me give you guys my PC details to prove it's not my PC.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700F 2.10 GHz
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

Nvidia RTX 4060

I have just installed after effects and I configured it to render just fine, I've used every single youtube video, I use "Use GPU" on any option, I did everything, even the people that work at Adobe configured my computer so that it should "run smoothly", little did I know the next day it performed even worse. I tried going to chat support but they just closed the ticket on me... As shown by attachments. This is extremely frustrating with no help and lack of rendering time. I've pretty much given up at this point because nobody seems to understand the problem or can help correctly. This is basically my last resort, Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd expect an i7-14700 with 32GB of RAM to be very responsive for 1920-by-1080 with Compositions that are anywhere from a few seconds long up to about thirty seconds with the project color depth set to 8-bpc or 16-bpc.  3840-by-2160 with light effects should be fairly responsive as well, but could require working at a lower Composition Resolution and maybe skipping frames while animating and then taking more time to check that at Full Resolution as you go. 

Have you tried rendering the multi-frame rendering benchmark project?  I'm guessing it would take 10 to 12 minutes on your system.  The download link is in this Adobe blog:  Multi-Frame rendering now in After Effects beta (adobe.com)

Things run rather smooth on my main workstation for broadcast motion graphics at 3840-by-2160 which has 192GB of RAM and a 4TB wicked-fast media cache.  Although, some of that is to accomodate having Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and InDesign and sometimes Cinema4D all open at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use software to accelerate workflows and work with media we can't touch. It's a tool, and sometimes one tool just doesn't work very well after 30 years of improper maintenance. Layers are great, I like them, but if you're open to nodes, try looking into davinci resolve's fusion, or nuke. Don't let your tools slow you down, sometimes it's best to accept that troubleshooting is more energy than it's worth, especially as a vfx artist or compositor, where time eats into tiny margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines