Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects shapes are pixelated

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help plz
why suddenly my after effects shapes become pixelated not vector when i draw any shape or import any doc its pixelated like when you create a circle in photoshop

till yesterday it works well idk how to fix it
check the attachment file while i zoomed a vector circle

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never worked any differently. You are zoomed in 800 % and unlike Illustrator AE does not re-rasterize vector content upon zooming for display purposes. All that matters is how it looks at 100% zoom and Full Resolution. there is nothing wrong. You simply have a misunderstanding here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why till yesterday i zoomed 1600%  there was no pixels like Adobe Illustrator now i see pixels there i never saw pixils in vector layers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi milad0D4D,

Thanks for writing in.

I agree with what Mylenium said. Zooming in into a shape layer would show pixelated results. However, you can scale them up without loosing the resolution.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably because you rendering at less than full resolution, I had the exact same problem and I realized I'm looking at my project at a quarter quality at 400% zoom, it comes out clean when you fix the rendering quality.  By now you would have figured it out im sure, who ever else has this problem this is your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the 'Quality and Sampling' button?
I've been using AE for 14 years now and this is the first time this stopped me in my tracks. It wasn't that continuous restarization wasn't activated (the usual suspect).
I have a character rig with lots of comps —  that I've used in many projects — and I just couldn't figure out what was different for this one. Turns out, I had accidentally clicked the 'Quality and Sampling' button at some point. I only ever use that for slow motion live action footage so it just wasn't on my radar; I just ramdomly clicked it and it solved the issue after hours of head scratching.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 14.09.29.jpg

The stupid thing is, I had already checked the character comp by dragging it into new comps multiple times without succes. So this is the weird part: that setting does not just affect the Comp in the Timeline layer but also in the Project Window, so it affects the asset (my ckaracter Comp) in the Project window as well. Wha-huh!

I just got lucky in figuring this out. Hope it helps someone out there.

Before

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 14.18.57.jpg

After

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 14.18.43.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped me! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines