• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects shows green RAM preview but doesn't play proper framerate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue where no matter how many times I play back my timeline, it doesn't play smoothly - even though the RAM preview bar is green. I've purged all memory and cache, restarted AE and the computer and this problem pops up every now and again. I am running CC 2022 and have 700GB of SSD space allocated to the cache while keeping AE and project files on 2 separate other drives.

This didn't seem to be an issue for me in CC 2020.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution, but for further investigations, open the info panel. There you can see clearly if AE is caching or previewing alongside of the fps.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's multi-frame rendering mate. Turn it off and you're back to smooth playback [but slower rendering]. I've added your video to my question here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta-discussions/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-...

wish they'd fix or even aknowledge this issue -- add your voice if you fancy, cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines