Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects stops rendering and freezes at specific point PLEASE HELP

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.16.52 PM.png

Okay so I was making an edit on after effect but when I went to render it, it freezed at one specific point and it kept doing this. So, I went to that specific point to see if i could pinpoint the problem. I didn't really see any issues so I just assumed it was the motion tile so I removed all the motion tiles in the edit and replaced it with CC Repetile. All the other clips seem to render fine except for this one, I removed all effects all keyframes, but when I do this for some reason it just makes the entire clip blank but it still renders Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.24.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.23.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.23.34 PM.png These are all the keyframes, effects ive used in this clip. Im currently on a macbook pro which is like 2013, and the RAM is 8gb if you need any more information please just let me know I dont know why it keeps freezing at this point

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have you actualyl checked the integrity of the source footage? Could simply be a damaged frame. Also flush all disk caches and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i tried that but i already kinda resolved the issue, what i did was just cut out that frame and extended the clip after it to take its place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see the issue again, it's best to transcode the source file (as Mylenium pointed out). Videos with variable frame rate (such as screen recordings) can cause issues similar to the ones you're experiencing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also run problem files through the free app Handbrake and make sure the output is a fixed frame rate. This has helped me very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines