• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects stuck at initialzing mediacore for 1-3 minutes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to open up AE it is stuck at ''initializing media core'' I've already tried trashing my preferences however that didn't fix it. 

Please ask if you need more information about anything. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Criizon5E39,

Sorry for the crash issue.

There could be a plug-in in the MediaCore folder that's causing After Effects to crash. Go to the following location (depending on your OS) and remove all files and folders except dummy.txt.

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore

macOS: HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it didn't fix it. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Also, the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Have you tried reinstalling After Effects yet? If not, give it a try.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems like the problem fixed itself. I sometimes tried a few things (including reinstalling it) but it seemed to not fix it. Altough a day ago it started to open up fast again. If it happens again i will contact you, thank you for your time. 

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem. Sort of. I'm running After Effects 17.6.0 on 2019 MacPro (3.2 GHz 16-Core Xeon, 96GB 2933 MHz DDR4, OS 10.15.7). I've removed all plug-ins from the media core folder (I only had a few). Upon launching After Effects, I get a spinning beach ball while Media Core initializes. Eventually After Effects opens. Everything looks normal BUT I'm unable to play ram previews in realtime (it can only do 6 or 7 fps). If I quit After Effects, restart my computer, and relaunch After Effects, it will initialize Media Core quickly without a spinning beach ball. When that happens, After Effects works fine and I can playback ram previews in realtime. The quick load of media core is how I know After Effects will work ok. If I get a delay and spinning beach ball, it seems something has gone wrong with initializing media core - and the only result of whatever has gone wrong is that I can't play back previews in realtime. Again: nothing is in the Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore folder except the dummy.txt file. I've also reset preferences and re-installed After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder a few times. The problem I've described persists each time I uninstall and re-install.

Thanks for any troubleshooting tips! In order to keep up with my work-load, I keep restarting and re-installing and crossing my fingers to NOT see a beach ball when I start After Effects. Would love to solve whatever this issue is, though, because I miss my plug-ins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines