• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects support for Apple M1 chip

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please enlighten us about any update regarding support for m1 chip? How long should we expect to have an update? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Hi Immersion_hub,

After Effects 22.3 runs natively on Apple Silicon. More detail here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-22-3-is-now-live-native-apple...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer I gave last week: Adobe never discloses anything beforehand. It's ready when it's ready. It's reasonable to assume that something will be availabhle in mid-2021, but that's about as concrete as it ever gets around here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium,
Thanks for the reply. I understand it is normal for a company at this scale to not disclose anything until official notice. I did not even expect any reply here. It's just a piece of anticipation piling up revolving around this mysterious M1 chip. I used After Effects on my M1 MBP and so many stuff are not working at all (e.g Rotobrush, 3D layers, endless beach ball on little effects, etc). I expected it to run slower than average, but not being functional for the most part was not expected. According to your statement, yes it is reasonable to expect something in mid-2021. But, I mainly purchased this device as an amazing solution for work-travel as its battery life is unmatched. If I can't even run some of the stuff that is important to me on After Effects for say next 6 months sounds like a great deal-breaker for me. Now I am left with only 2 options- Sell the MBP M1 and settle for a good old non ARM based laptop,  or wait for a miracle to happen. Just sharing the frustration.          

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems quite clear which companies actually support Apple customers and which companies don't. I have been an Adobe customer since PS/AI/Id shipped in big boxes with paper manuals, but I no longer see Adobe as an important partner in my creative work. Lots of great options out there nowadays that are providing more innovative solutions and are much more responsive to their customers. Keep your new fast computer and find new compatible tools to run it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Immersion_hub,

After Effects 22.3 runs natively on Apple Silicon. More detail here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-22-3-is-now-live-native-apple...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines