Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Team project reload footage doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
we are currently testing the Team project. Reload footage doesn't work, nor the replace footage.
Is there a way how to reload footage after import as this is quite a used feature in our workflow.
Thanks 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the actual project, footage types, where they are stored, the computer(s) you are working on and so on nobody can tell you much. Just as much as it could be an issue in AE it could be a mundane permissions/ file in use problem at the operating system level.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, sorry I wasn't more specific. 
All collaborators are based locally in one studio on same network. The footage is mostly exr sequences (3d rendering files) stored on NAS to which every collaborators have access. If we work on regular AAE project and open it on any computer everything loads fine and reloading works fine as well.
But in Team project i import let's say footage (sequence which is being rendered in some 3D software) with 30 frames and i can work with it, check if it's rendering fine, make adjustements etc. In the meantime the sequence finishes rendering and it's 100 frames for example and i hit refresh sequence (in Team project) and nothing happens, it still shows only 30 frames in Project and also on Timeline.   

This workflow is something we used to do daily in our "regular" AAE projects so it works, the only difference now is that we switched to Team project 

Thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may rather be an issue with the local temp folders and copies of the assets team projects use plus possibly sync issues with the versioning. You may need to look into that stuff like how often it syncs, folder permissions and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some testing, it reloads the footage in timeline, but it stays the same in the import panel Project - it doesn't update the range in name from  0-30 to 0-100 in this case. So i guess it's a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines