• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects using 25% cpu

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 22.6 with multi-frame rendering enabled and it only uses a few threads and is really slow. Rarely it jumps to 100% cpu usage on certain frames, but everyone other time it's around 20-50%, but mainly around 25%. This is on multiple projects so it's not a project issue.

My basic specs: 12600k, 1050ti, 64gb ddr4 ram.

Does anyone know what might cause this? I've reinstalled the program and that hasn't solved the issue. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your project(s) and the contents, critical settings like disk cache and hardware acceleration, actual render settings and so on this is not going anywhere. You need to be much more specifc. MFR is not a kudgel you can beat over AE's head to make it render fast. Other factors like file I/O, GPU acceleration and ultimately what effects and features you use still matter and some of those simply are limited to chugging along linearly on a handful of threads. The existance of MFR does not eliminate limitations that have existed in AE for decades.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll try and lay out everything for you.

effects used: force motion blur, transform, lumetri color, warp, motion tile, turbulent displace. That's pretty much it.

gpu is not bottlenecking it because it still has ram available and it's not even near 50% usage for cuda or anything.

purge does not fix this issue

ssd is not a bottleneck. Latency is low and it is not near 100%.

cpu percent reserved for the system is 7%

It seems to use a bit little more cpu at full res rather than quarter res.

I have a separate 250gb fast nvme for cache and a slower 500gb nvme for the system.

It does not play back normal 1080p 24fps 8bpc footage without any effects at half res at realtime. This must mean there is an issue unrelated to effects.

If anyone wants any other info just ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporal effects like force motion blur always cause AE to revert to throttle down. It's an ages old limitation in how many threads those effects can use and how AE needs to process them linearly for correct results. Just removing this might drastically increase render speed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if you read all of the message. "It does not play back normal 1080p 24fps 8bpc footage without any effects at half res at realtime. This must mean there is an issue unrelated to effects."

It plays about 2fps. If I freshly open the project without loading the main comp with all the effects and go straight to the comp with no effects, it usually renders fine and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines