Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects + Video Copilot Saber Crashes

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

I'm running into continuous full pc crashes when rendering out a video in After Effects using Video Copilot's Saber for additional VFX on text and the outline.

All versions of software and plugins up to date.

After Effects Ver. 18.2.1

Video Copilot Saber 1.0.39

PC Specs : 64 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 2080 Super 8GB VRAM

EVGA 850W Power Supply 

the freeze only happens during renders, video previews in the project are fine. It's frozen everytime I've attempted a render using both QuickTime and AVI format. This has happened on a previous project where I eventually gave up on using saber because of the crashes, so it isn't the project file itself. It seems to happen when more than one instance of saber is used at once potentially, but some crashes occur before the second instance even starts 5 seconds into the render.

I'd be happy to share any AE Preferences or screenshots of anything in specific if that assists anyone's knowledge of the situation as well.

hoping it's not a hardware problem as it only occurs when using the Saber Plug-in. 

any help or suggestions are much appreciated! 

thanks in advance ❤️

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to ask for assistance from the company who made the plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! Did some digging to try and find tech support for video copilot. Couldn't find anything on the saber plug-in so I decided to turn off any other effects to see if it was causing the render any trouble. 

I removed a camera lens blur effect and have made it past the troublesome crash spot in the video so far, I believe / hope that is the final solution, and not a problem between AR & the Video Copilot Plugin.

-thanks again for the quick reply 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did it work? I have had mannnny problems with the saber plug-in. I am too stubborn to uninstall... Can someone tell me how to get the that cool glow (that actually looks cool) without saber?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines