Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

AfterFX.exe error (AfterFX.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with After effect when I try to open it, it always error recently and then pop up message appear like i've attached below,, is there anyone who know what happen with this? I'm so confused and need help! 

Thank You!!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to guess the cause. I would recommend to use Adobe cleaner tool and uninstall After Effects completely and then you reinstall it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say thank you for your reply, I think i've figure it out just now that when i open adobe after effect on my pc and then loading properly like "clean up" some plugins and suddenly stop in one plugin and crashed, so I try To delete the plugin and reinstall it. And it works,! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, may I know which plugin caused the problem? I may have the same problem as you. thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also like to know what plugin caused the problem. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines