Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All CycoreFXHD Plugins fail to load

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I cannot use any of the CycoreFXHD Plugins anymore. When I try to use them I get an error message in both AE versions 23.1 and 22.6, saying "Couldn't find main entry point for xxx.aex ( 48 § 72 )"

In addition, instantly when starting version 23.1 (not 22.6!) I get a very long error message, saying that the following Plugins have failed to load and that I should reinstall them. Followed by a long list of every single CycoreFXHD Plugin.

Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, 19045.2486

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, latest chipset driver 4.11.15.342

Nvidia RTX3060 12 GB, latest Studio driver 528.02

The last system changes I made between working without the issue and the emergence of the issue was updating my Focusrite Control software and the Windows Update KB5022282.

But I have no idea if these are related in any way. After deinstalling both the AE bug is still there.

I tried:
- using the older AE version 22.6
- reinstalling After Effects (didn't work)
- installing all VC redistributables (because I read that it could help. It didn't)

- deleting the Effects folder, opening and closing AE without said folder, and putting it back

- changing the folder settings to make sure it's not read-only

Thank you very much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Found the solution with the help of the AdobeCare-Twitter-Account (thank you!):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/cycore-fx-hd-fail-to-load-17-1-amp-17-1-1/m-p/12502355#M185271

The key to the solution is repairing the Visual C++ Redistributables.
I have tried reinstalling/updating all VC redistributables several times but only repairing them did the trick.

And here is a short video that explains how to repair them:
https://youtu.be/u_in56y9N0E 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rico S,

Sorry for your issue.

Please try doing a clean installation of all Adobe apps using the Adobe Cleaner tool. It has helped users with this issue.

Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

thank you for your answer and your tip.
Unfortunately, it didn't work:
I followed every step on the website you provided (although I was surprised not to find every apps/processes that I was supposed to close before using the Cleaner Tool. These were missing: "Adobe Desktop Service", "CCLibrary", "Adobe Content Synchronizer helper", "armsvc", "AGS Service"), I deinstalled every Adobe app with the Cleaner tool, rebooted Windows and installed everything again.

1. AE 23.1 behaves exactly the same as before.

2. Then I installed 22.6, and interestingly now it gets the same error message with all the plugins that have failed to load when starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, excuse me, are you working on solving the issue?

I have to work and I use these effects on a regular basis.

Please find a solution quickly.

I can provide any information you might need to solve this.

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I updated to the latest Nvidia Studio driver from yesterday 528.24, that was supposed to "resolve two critical issues with Adobe applications."

Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the problems I have with After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, in my AE22.6, in addition to the Cycore-Plugins all of a sudden it says "Couldn't find main entry point for PS Layer Export.aex ( 48 § 72 )
What is going on?
It's been two weeks already.
Please help, I can't work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution with the help of the AdobeCare-Twitter-Account (thank you!):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/cycore-fx-hd-fail-to-load-17-1-amp-17-1-1/m...

The key to the solution is repairing the Visual C++ Redistributables.
I have tried reinstalling/updating all VC redistributables several times but only repairing them did the trick.

And here is a short video that explains how to repair them:
https://youtu.be/u_in56y9N0E 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines