Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow keyframes between frames

Engaged ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am following one tutorial where am learning about keyframes and graphs. There the tutor added a keyframe between two keyframes and then he said we can do this because of  ''allow keyframes between frames" option is checked.   But I don't understand this. I googled, but no specific discussion about this particular option. It's in the 'Choose graph type and options-  'allow keyframes between frames". I don't understand what is the use of it. I uncheck it and I can add a keyframe in the graph using a pen tool, I check it, and still, I can add keyframes using the pen tool. So what does it do?

What's the specialty of having this on and off? is it important? 

Thank you.

Screenshot_1.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

This option allows you to be incredibly precise and move keyframes exactly where you want them in the graph editor. If you select several keyframes and stretch them out using the bounding box you'll see they slide smoothly vs. snapping to an individual frame.

I wouldn't worry too much about this option as it's often annoying to not have keyframes line up directly with a frame. I think you most often see it when time-stretching a set of keys in the Graph Editor or in the Timeline by selecting sev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option allows you to be incredibly precise and move keyframes exactly where you want them in the graph editor. If you select several keyframes and stretch them out using the bounding box you'll see they slide smoothly vs. snapping to an individual frame.

I wouldn't worry too much about this option as it's often annoying to not have keyframes line up directly with a frame. I think you most often see it when time-stretching a set of keys in the Graph Editor or in the Timeline by selecting several, holding alt/opt and dragging the outermost key to stretch the whole group. This is one of those options that you'll learn to appreciate when you want it and find it annoying when you don't want it, which is why it can be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!! Thank you so much for explaining! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines