Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Dotted Line Offset Issue

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to make a line that is marching ants from point a to point b but no matter what I do to the offset it looks as though the dotted line grows from each individual dot. See video below and notice the first few dots as it moves. I really want just a smooth constant and consistant movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably make sense to create the line the old-fashioned way using text on a path and then use the options there. Shape layer dashes behave a bit odd on open shapes.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you set your dash and gap to the stroke width and animate the offset, the problem should resolve itself.  If you want round caps, set the dash to zero and the Gap to the stroke width * 2. This is very easy to do with expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines