• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ARM to Windows 10 Project File Not Working

Participant ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a AE project in Apple ARM and want to send it to my Windows PC to work on further, the file opens with an error message and then won't let me open the project (see attached picture showing error). I'm on AE Version 23.0 on both my Windows and Mac computers. 

I can assume why this is an issue since migrating many things from Mac to PC is never seamless, but shouldn't AE files be editable regardless of operating systems? Just curious if this is a bug or a general issue I've never seen before, thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message tells you that the AEP was created with a newer version of After Effects than the version you are using to try and open the project. It has nothing to do with Mac/PC compatibility. All you need to do to open the file is install AE version 23.0 or newer on the machine with the problem. AEP files will open on any OS as long as the AE version opening the file is the same or newer than the one that was used to create the project in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the same version between both my Mac and Windows 10. I'm on AE version 23.0 on both computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you claim you already use AE 2023 on both systems, we can only assume one of them is the Beta version instead of the latest main release build. If so, then you would need to install the same Beta version on the other system as well. Anything outside that will require exact info. Start by checking the Help --> About section for the exact version number.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not installed the Beta version of AE on either systems. Here is the exact version number for AE:

Mac OS: AE Version 23.0.0 (Build 59)

Windows 10: AE Version 23.0.0 (Build 59)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Love how he just went quiet after making the fault seem like it was you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines