Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Arrange layers around circle in 3D Space

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

I 'm wondering if it's possible to arrange layer around a circle, so that they got the bending and then having the option to rotate and zoom a camera to the single layers (see the img attached). Somehow I thought that can't be a big deal, but I did a lot of tests and research and can't find a solution...

Actually the text effect 3D rotate around circle is exactly what I'm looking for....bummer it's just a text effect and I can't find a way to apply the effects technique manualy to a comp or pre comp. Also CC Cylinder or CC Sphere doesn't seem to give those results.

Does anyone has an idea how to achieve such a set up in AE?

Much thanks in advance!!

Fabian

yehe.png

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bend a layer using the C4D rendering engine. This will disable effects and blend modes, but you can bend layers.

Unfortunately, you cannot define the radius directly so you have to guess to get what you want to get.

If you parent the 3D layers to a 3D null at the comp center, then offset each layer in Z, you can create your circle of layers pretty easily. The User Guide will give you a little help setting up 3D comps. Let us know if you need more information.

Another option is to set up a bunch of layers in a pre-comp, space them out, then apply CC Cylinder to the nested pre-comp.  This option is going to render a lot faster, but you will still have to do some workarounds to get things right. You'll probably need several copies of the Cylinder Effect on different layers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thank you very much! I had to pause this for a little, but I will definetly try with the C4D 3D space. Thanks for your response!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines