Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork alpha channels created in Ps does not work in After effects

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animation/Motion design-student here.

I am having difficulties importing layered artwork from the Proceate app(iPad) to after effects for animation. The artwork seems to be without a alpha channel. The issue occured when I switched from PC to MacBook. Prior to switching the problem was easily solved by creating a mask for each layer in photoshop and saving the file before importing it as composition(w/retained layers) into After Effects. This means that even though each layer/artworkpiece has a transparent background, it still fills the the screen and makes the process of placing pivot points, selecting layers and animating more cumbersome. The example screenshots show how I mask out each layer and how it turns out in Ae(Carrot nose selected). Is this a question of choosing wrong import/export options? I notice that working on Mac, there seems to me to be more options to chose from when it comes to importing files. (I use PSD file format)

Like I said initially, this approach worked smooth while using my old stationary PC, but the problem resurfaced on my new Mac. 

ex.2.pngex.1.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Layer Size" vs. "Comp Size" options have been there since the beginning of time, so I'm not sure what you are asking. The rest sounds more like an issue with how ProCreate creates the layers and handles transparencies rather than a fundamentla change in behavior in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines