• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Preview working someitmes

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comps will not preview audio.  It will when I scrub using control.  If I preview audio i get a little bit then it goes out.  Every now and then it works.

Any Suggestions?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that you are a little short on system resources. Second guess: you are using MP3 files as an audio source instead of standard 48Khz  16-bit PCM WAV or AIFF files as sources. My third guess is that you have not selected the right audio options in the Preview Panel and/or your preferences file. 

After Effects is not a video editor. Everything must be rendered to available RAM before it will preview correctly. 

System info, AE version, OS version, and workflow details help us answer questions. Without something to go on, you might as well ask "Why is watermelon?" There is no answer to that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio preview is often about RAM availability and how quickly your computer can access the cache.  I find that there's only so much AE can do, and sometimes, you jsut have to audio preview and use the * on the keypad to set layer markers and time your animations to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately audio prev does not work when it is happening as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines