Exit

Banding PNG Gradient in after effect export

Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i have a PNG amazing gradient. Like below :

Bg 3.png

But  when i export it from after effect by using 'Add render queue' menu, the gradient become 'Banding'. How to avoid this banding thing? thanks.

01 Memberi salam.mov_snapshot_00.01.505.jpg

Here is my setting on my render :

Untitled.png

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

@Rick GerardRick, thanks so much. long night i'm trying this trying that trying this and so more trying. Best another solution for me is change the Apple Pro Res 422 to animation. that works for now, but i'll try your suggestion next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to need to add some noise to the gradient because you are rendering 8-bit color. Even if you change to 16 bit or higher when the project is compressed for distribution, the subtle gradient is going to show some problems unless you add a little noise to smooth things out. That's just how color works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rick GerardRick, thanks so much. long night i'm trying this trying that trying this and so more trying. Best another solution for me is change the Apple Pro Res 422 to animation. that works for now, but i'll try your suggestion next time.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines