Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Dots on Shape in Animated Gif Render

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been trying to render a short gif but I keep getting these little black dots over the shape in the render. Anyone know how to fix this? 

Comp 1.gif

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, I increased the depth to 32 bits and rendered another one with the same settings and it appeared to work. However, when I increased the 7 to 32 bits, I am still getting the artifacts. 

Day 6.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is simply not a good workflow. AE is terrible at compressing and optimizing GIFs due to how its rendering pipeline works. The proper way to do it if you realyl are so concerned about the dithering being so scattershot is to render an image sequence or clip, import it into Photoshop's timeline (or for that matter any other app that offers such a facility), and export it there. Likewise, many online services and free standalone image conversion/ vieewing tools will do a mnauch better job than AE ever could.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines