• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Grey Screen

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my AE to 18.2 but now whenever I open it a blank grey screen appears to where the homepage usually is and I can't click on my past projects to open them. I did save one of my projects as a file but only the clips and audio is on it and I also have to go back and trim the clips each time I open it. Everytime I press the home icon in the top left corner it also brings back the blank grey screen. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times and nothing fixes it. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lanewilliams17,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Have you tried resetting the After Effects preferences yet? You can access your recently saved projects from File > Open Recent.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reset the preferences and the home page is still popping up as a blank grey screen. I attached a photo of my specifications. I'm not really sure what else to do. Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.32.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.41.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the screenshots and trying the suggestion.

Could you try signing out from the Creative Cloud desktop app and signing back in? If that doesn't help, try creating a new user account (for testing) and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines