Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Borders on Photoshop composite

Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one get rid of these borders on a photoshop square based composite, I use screen mode, I try blurs, I've looked it up but I can't seem to blend it in with the background with these borders here.

Razeen5E2C_0-1619558648165.png

Razeen5E2C_1-1619558734296.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The appearance of that edge looks like there isn't enough information in the original photoshop document(layer).

You could correct it in Photoshop, or create a soft mask that is smaller than the edge of the photoshop layer, and feather in the layer.

There are tiling options you could use, but (by themselves) aren't usually great solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Itachhii_0-1619561958153.png

Itachhii_1-1619562033941.png

It's this, I tried the mask it seems to be still showing, is there anything more I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the front image "Itachhii_0-1619561958153.png" available as a layered Photoshop document?  If so, have you tried hiding the darker night sky layer?

If it's merged, you'll want to download and install the trial version of Red Giant Universe and apply "uni.Unmult" to your file named "Itachhii_0-1619561958153.png" in After Effects.  When insatalled, you'll find it under Effects > RG Universe Utilities > uni.Unmult.

Red Giant Universe

https://www.maxon.net/en/red-giant-complete/universe/

Unmult
Create an alpha channel for any image or video shot on a black background. Useful for compositing fire, smoke, water and more.

Trail download link: https://www.maxon.net/en/try/
The trial works for 30-days.

You may still want to use a feathered After Effects Mask (Layer > New Mask) and/or a Layer Blending Mode (Layer > Blending Mode).

Image provided in post before and after the "uni.Unmult" Red Giant Universe effect is applied.Image provided in post before and after the "uni.Unmult" Red Giant Universe effect is applied.

Sample composite using image provided in post over photo by Ryan Grady on Unsplash.  After Effects Masks and Blending modes also used.Sample composite using image provided in post over photo by Ryan Grady on Unsplash. After Effects Masks and Blending modes also used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines