• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change Output path/filename in Render queue

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm clicking desperately on the filename in my render queue but nothing happens. Wether it's finished or queued. When it's an older item in the queue it works. Anything I add now won't open the explorer. I tried restarting everything and clearing the cache/database, no change. I could use the ME but I'm searching for the rendered file and this is just plain stupid.

Win10, latest official AE release.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like Win version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out after posting. It was defaulting to a previous folder which had an invalid name in Windows. (Which I somehow could select that time) Mac users can create folder names which are not usable under Windows. Annoying when it's a shared server or Nextcloud. Here it was two folders with the same name, one was all upper case. It works now, but it would be nice, if AE would just default to Documents or something when it cannot open a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to still be causing problems. The export directory is pointing to a now missing one (removed external drive). The dialogue box to change the path won't open and I can't render because the previous path is invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EditingBear,

Sorry for your issue.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Try changing the permissions as suggested in the following article and see if that brings any change: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines