• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit path or select layers - "can't open continously rasterized layers" appears

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit my paths but I'm unable to select any layers. It's possible to change values and move around keyframes but when I click my layer or shape no box appears around it, no outline and no path points. When I double click a layer there is an error sound and "can't open continously rasterized layers" appears. 

Very appreciative of any help

Screenshot_20230220_212716.pngScreenshot_20230220_212015.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Hey saskia,for

Continuously rasterized layers such as shape, and text layers cannot be opened in the Layer panel. Could you try pressing Ctrl + Shift + H and check if you see layer controls on the composition preview panel? Your layer controls might be hidden. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey saskia,for

Continuously rasterized layers such as shape, and text layers cannot be opened in the Layer panel. Could you try pressing Ctrl + Shift + H and check if you see layer controls on the composition preview panel? Your layer controls might be hidden. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg bless, it worked! Had this happen once before and was able to solve it but was confused by the sound + message about rasterization. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + h will show or hide layer controls. You can also use the View menu. With layer controls showing, select the path, use the selection tool (v) to click on a vertex or drag a selection around multiple vertices, and make the moves. If there are expressions tied to vector paths you must turn off the expressions before editing the paths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines