Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't remember how I created this effect - please help

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

A few years ago, I used some filmed footage and played around with them to create an ending title sequence. Here's an example of what I mean: https://youtu.be/mAUdPuIG-7U

I remember moving the footage around to create the moving feel of different places. This part is easy. I just can't place how I did the colour and 'animation/cartoon' effect of the shots. I tried playing with 'Change to colour', 'Keylight', 'Cartoon' etc but they don't give me the same feel. I have a feeling I created a green background and overlayed the black contrasted footage on top. But I'm not sure how I got rid of the colour of the footage and made it entirely black and 'cartoony'?

I'm looking to make a small piece of footage in the similar style but in black and white instead of green. Haven't decided if foreground or backgroud will be black or white - I want to play around with it first.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe put a dark solid over the video and play with the blend modes.  maybe a hard mix.  If there are left over colors you can pre compose them use chage to color to try and match them...or put a matching solid underneath and key out the unwanted colors.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add green background, and set your layer as multiply, add a tint, levels, extract effects and play with effects settings to get the style you want, and sure you can key out any color you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines