• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant drag file from project to timeline panel

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported my file like normal, making sure the video is in an accepted format. However, I cannot drag and drop anything into my composition. I click and hold, attempting to drag the clip to my timeline from the project panel, but nothing happens. I have never had this issue before and I've been using AE for years. I uninstalled it from this computer (Windows/PC) last year and was only using my MacBook to edit. Since reinstalling AE to this computer, I cannot edit anything because I can't drag files into my timeline. Does anyone else have this issue and/or know a fix? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do other files work? Is this file possibly corrupt? What format is the file in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several formats and types of media. MP4, MP3, WAV, png, img, and jpeg. I even tried images, audio, and videos that I used in previous AE projects which worked perfectly fine last year. I also tried following the beginner's tutorial in the program and I can't even click and drag the file Adobe gives you to practice on. No files in any format have worked so far. I cannot drag straight from my files to the timeline either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*pdf not png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem. Could you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup & Repair > Start in Safe Mode (Keep the disable third-party plugins option unchecked), and let us know if you still see the issue? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still occurring in Safe Mode. I also cleared my disk cache and I uninstalled and reinstalled the software if that makes any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you let us know what GPU you have in your system? If it's an NVIDIA GPU, we recommend installing the most recent Studio Driver. Please share a screen recording if updating the drivers does not fix the problem. That will help us better understand the issue and bring it to the engineering team if required. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem! No one has been able to help me either. I have done ALL of the recommended things yet the issue still persists. It is unfortunate as I love using this software, but now it is virtually unusable. They may lose a longterm customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and it doesn't just apply to After effects, it's happening in premiere pro as well! I havn't checked audition, or photoshop, but i'm pretty darn sure that they're glitchy as well, someone needs to figure this out or my film career is doomed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Sorry about the issue. Which version of AE are you using? Can you also let us know your system OS? 

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still happening with me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines