Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant open ae 2024

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamer32767755o2yv_0-1696673661875.png

ı cant open after effects 2024 it says this thing all the time what should ı do ı tried all the options but when ı click continue or something it says 

Detected a stack-based buffer overflow in this application. This overflow could allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening it in safe mode?

Have you tried disabling plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tamer32767755o2yv,

Welcome to the community and sorry for the crash. Please share the following details so that we can diagnose the issue properly.

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
  • When does it crash? At the splash screen or post launch?
  • Please share a screenshot of the issue.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

same Problem from me, I get various Error Messages and also tried to install After Effects 23.6.2

I cannot even open AE, even after de-installing and saying I won't keep my settings.

It's on a Macbook Pro 15" 2018, 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the errors I get

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 12.07.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 12.07.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 14.12.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 14.13.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leonie5FC9 

Are you on macOS Sonoma? Please try the steps mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/after-effects-23-6-and-24-0-not-starting-on-macos-...

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @nishu_kush , so there's no Plugins folder for me in the Library and I deleted all versions folders and reinstalled AE… still the same problem 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush only way to open AE now is keeping cmd+alt+shift pressed when I open it via the CC App… then I can start safe mode. But that's not the way to go everytime…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!  After Effects just won't respond even. At first I had opened it, made a project etc. After that, it didn't want to start up again.  I got the above mentioned pop-ups as well, tried safe mode, nothing worked. I uninstalled, opened older versions, nothing. Eventually I installed an even older version, and that worked - but of course I couldn't open my project, as that was made in a newer Ae-version. Is this an update problem? Right now I just can't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a way to open my project: I installed the After Effects beta version. That one works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you go to Macintosh HD/Library/

There are two more libraries in macOS which are not required here: 

• Macintosh HD/Users/your user account/Library/

• Macintosh HD/System/Library/

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here.. After affects did not start this morning, and have work to do.. Apple M1 Max - 32 GB - Ventura 13.5 Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines