• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caps lock not disabling preview refresh

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to prevent a comp from automatically refreshing a preview.  As I understand it, the "caps lock" button is supposed to do that.  For some reason, it's not working for me - caps lock on or off, the preview frames get rendered.

AE 2023

Windows 10

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any specific plug-ins being used? What else is in the project? Is multiframe rendering used? You need to provide much more info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No plug-ins or anything special in the project.

Am I confusing a preview refresh with the disk cache?   What I'd like to do is prevent the disk cache from taking place at certain times.  When I'm using AE, of course it makes sense for the disk to be cached. 

But when I switch from using AE to my 3D software, the AE disk cache keeps gobbling up all of my available RAM.  I know it can be turned off in the preferences, I just thought that the caps lock was a way of easily halting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying my only option is to turn of disk caching in the preferences?  It seems odd that a piece of software would continue to consume all of your resources even when not being used...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever issues you have are specific to your setup and not a fundamental flaw in AE. If it were, the forum would literally have hundreds of posts on it. Since it doesn't this must mean it works fo most other folks. It really boils down to that. Without any exact info about your system and your settings we cannot tell you what to tweak in order to fix/ improve the situation.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines