• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP folder deletes itself

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i create a CEP folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe file directory, because for some reason i didn't have it when installed AE, it gets deleted after like day i create it. I use After Effects 2017 CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you creating a CEP folder in the first place?

Why are you using that old version of AE? 

Knowing what you're actually tring to do might help us find a better answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to make a CEP folder because it should've appear naturally when AE gets installed. I needed that folder to add an extension to AE and i use an old version because most likely my laptop will give me bunch of errors if i try to update it, so i stick to CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows 10 Home? Microsoft has released a number of updates and it matters which one you're running. To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1006)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should be able to install newer versions of After Effects - especially if you have 16 GB of RAM or more. If you only have 8 GB of RAM, you can still install CC 2018. Reminder: you can install newer versions of AE without messing with your older version. They live alongside each other with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It seems to work fine now, thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can u help me too? cuz i was AE CC 2018 but i have the same problem, it won't appear naturally when AE gets installed.? cuz i also need the CEP for my Flow Extension... Can u help me??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to clean install the application using Adobe Cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

After this install the Adobe Application Manager https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-suite/kb/aam-troubleshoot-download-install.html

Then try to install the latest version of After Effects in your computer through Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines