• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp duration

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm brand new to After Effects and I'm trying to clone stamp a small section of a large video. Once I apply clone stamp, it stays for remainder of video. How do I clone stamp only a small section of the video and then turn it off?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set the duration in the Paint panel. The Paint workspace arranges the Comp/Layer/and Paint panels so the controls are easy to reach. 

When you have created a clone stamp or any Paint stroke, selecting the layer and pressing the U key twice will reveal the length of the clone stamp (stroke), show you the path, allow you to change the timing, set keyframes, and adjust other parameters. It's not a very handy UI, but it can be useful for fixing some problems and adjusting the animation's timing. Revealing all of the Layer/Effects/Clone/Stroke options will give you a lot of other properties you can animate and adjust. 

You can even create a shape layer path with the pen tool, drag a pickwhip from the Clone/Path to the Shape Layer/Contents/Shape Path, and then animate the shape layer path in the Composition Panel to have the clone brush follow the same path as the shape layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines