Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collapsed Transformation Issues

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version of After Effects and upon opening an older project I was given this message. Seems you have an uncollapsible collapsed layer! It will be un-collapsed for you. Is there a fix or work around for this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your project we can't even begin to guess. Sorry, but that's like asking your granny about computer stuff without giving here the slightest bit of info. You have to be much, much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply this was more just a general question to see what that message means and if anyone else has seen that particular message. Essentially the basic issue is some precomposed folders within the project does not appear properly and would appear as a black screen. If I go into these precomposed folders the contents would display properly as they should but within the main compostion they just appear as a black screen. If I untick the collapse transformations on certain precomps they would then be displayed. For other precomps I would have to go into those and untick the collapsed transformations nested within them before they will show up. I also noticed that these precomps that do not display properly will also make other precomps dissappear. if I hide these precomps those others will show up. This phenomenon is only happening in After Effects versions 17.7 and newer. Older versions everything is fine.

Thanks

Danh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same thing happen to me. The difference in my experience is that once I click the "OK" button, the project opens and there is no other problem. But like you, I'm in the dark as to what the problem was in the first place. Ah, there are so many mysterious AE error messages…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In previous versions of AE, you could turn on collapse transformations or continuously rasterize on shape layers as I think even text layers. That option is gone now because they are always continuously rasterized. There is no need for the switch.

To figure out exactly what is going on with your problem comp you have to look at the flow chart, figure out which nested comps are fouled up, and go in there and turn on CT or CR (same switch) where it needs to be turned on. It's not very hard to do if you just open up the flow chart and click on suspect layers and start throwing switche. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines