• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors have changed overnight

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woke up today ready to deliver a project an lo and behold all the colors of my images have changed. Here is an example of what I am looking at:

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.34.31 AM.png

What you are seeing is a PSD file with a Mask on top of the full res video file it was snapshotted from (I "Saved Frame As" a PSD file.

Notice that the PSD file matches the resolution of the full res vidoe file underneath it. But the colors don't match at all.

Turning on the proxy reveals the way the full res video file USED to look:

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.35.08 AM.png

As you can see, the glass is much lower resolution than the PSD file of the hands. I only mention the resolution to emphasize the fact that I "Save Frame As" this PSD file from the full res when it was the same color.

Color management is set to "None" as it has been the whole time. I haven't changed anything since last night and this is what is happening today. I would really appreciate any help possible.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by flushing your caches. Everything beyond that will require more specific info on you actual document color settings, your monitor, proof settings and so on - both in AE and PS. I'm pretty sure you somehow have unwittingly baked a wrong monitor color profile into your document or something like that by not enabling CM in PS or when using a specific monitor profile, anyway. If that's the case, then this is to be expected. Anyway, more info is required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I cleared the cache and no change. I have snapshotted all my settings, please let me know if you require more. Just to clarify, it is the full res MP4 which has changed color relative to all the PSDs and the Proxies in the project. I have attached the properties for the MP4s and PSDs to this post as well for your reference. I appreciate the help very much!

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.55.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.51.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.50.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.50.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.49.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.49.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.48.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.59.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also fyi: as an emergency workaround I have applied lumetri and increased the exposure by about 0.4 in order to level out the full res video files in order to match the rest of the project-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using CM with 16 bpc is calling for trouble. It's basically mandatory for anything bar the most basic 8bit work and at the very least you would have to enable proof preview in PS so the color is corrected for screen. That said, I think there is currently a weird bug that changes Gamma/ luminance when saving PSDs under some conditions in CC 2022 since they again changed some stuff. Short of reinstalling an older version I believe you may need to make use of the modified "Save a Copy" command to enforce the PSD from being written anew rather than a normal "Save/ Save as...". That may certainly be worth a try. Also consider saving to a different image format and/ or using alternate im age editing tools. I don't have a specific post at hand to provide guidance, but I'm pretty sure you could dig up some more info on the PS forum on this if needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mylenium, 

Thanks for your response. Just not sure what to do at this point as I've been working on this project for three weeks now and this suddenly happened. I've reviewed previous exports and confirmed that the PSDs are still the same, but it is the high res MP4s which are now displaying darker. I haven't changed any settings otherwise. Do you know if there are nay bugs with AE that could be casuing this?

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines